Arrrrr me hearties. Welcome aboard.
After leaving everyone hanging in regards to how I expanded the thru-hull hole, I reveal the mystery of how I did it. A simple enough tactic and it worked very well.
The next project is to get the bowsprit platform mounted on the bowsprit. Without the platform, sail management at the front of the boat would be a very scary proposition. So, the platform must be reinstalled. The teak for the platform was in very rough shape when I took it off. Previous episodes show how I repaired & restored the wood. I’m glad I put the effort into restoring it. Teak is beautiful wood and holds up well in the maritime environment.
The first thing I did was to epoxy the G10 brackets I made into place. They are probably a bit redundant as they are an addition to the sprit that wasn’t there when I bought the boat. But considering that the platform is fairly thin compared to what the plans call for, I feel better having them in place. Stronger is better, in this case.
The sail maker came by while I wasn’t here to measure the boat for sails. This may prove to be an issue later on.
As always fair winds, following seas, and God bless.