Arrrrr me hearties. Welcome aboard.
The mast is up but it has no boom! Fortunately the boom is a much smaller bit of hardware, one which can be easily handled by one old pirate.
I started by stripping it, cleaning the stainless, sanding, sanding, yet more sanding, priming, painting, and then reinstalling the hardware. I ran into the same stainless / aluminium corrosion issue that I found on the mast. I had to make time to buy bits and pieces so that I was prepared with Helicoils and other requisite stuff. I used Locktite Blue to provide a barrier between the stainless screws & bolts and the aluminum boom. The riggers advised me to use a product called ‘Lanocote’ and I ordered some but it didn’t arrive till after I had everything assembled already.
Experience is a wonderful thing. If I were to refit another boat I would know what tools and products I would likely need so I could order them beforehand. This would make projects MUCH shorter in terms of time. I have wasted a LOT of time waiting for things to be ordered / arrive. I suppose this also explains why taking things apart is so much faster than putting them back together.
As always fair winds, following seas, and God bless.